Monday, February 11, 2013

Kristen Wiig Nose Job Before and After | Kristen Wiig Rhinoplasty Photos

Funny woman Kristen Wiig gets the laughs on SNL and is best known for her comedic persona, but now the news is abuzz with did she or didn't she get a nose job. The above before and after picture clearly shows a change in shape. Her old nose looked quite normal, while her new nose seems much more compact and not as wide. While it hasn't been confirmed whether or not she has had a nose job, it looks clear that this funny lady has a new look.

Comedian Kristen Wiig, 37, makes many people laugh, but she turned to the serious business of changing her face a few years ago.

In 2007, she was already a regular on “Saturday Night Live” and had landed some movie roles. But she hadn’t achieved her current level of success, including her recent role in the movie “Bridesmaid,” which she co-wrote.

Kristen Wiig apparently decided in 2007 that she needed some surgical fine-tuning if she was going to make it bigger in show business.

The Shine website noted the change in Kristen Wiig’s nose in 2008, commenting that it was “really different, to the point that it’s distracting. She went from a normal-looking woman with a normal-looking nose to a normal-looking woman with a nose that looks like it was sculpted from Play-Doh.”

That website’s editor, Jennifer Romolini, said the nose job was “incredibly upsetting. It’s one thing for superficial mush brains like Paris Hilton to ‘enhance’ themselves. For the most part, that’s all women like her really have. But when a smart, accomplished actress/comedian like Wiig feels the need to alter her appearance, it signifies that something in our society has broken even further.”

“Female comedians are sort of the final frontier in not having to be shellacked and tanned and veneered and stick-skinny and styled. They often look like real people. It’s refreshing,” she said.

Kristen Wiig's possible nose job makes me sad

I was watching Saturday Night Live well, obviously on Saturday night, and something caught my eye: Kristen Wiig's nose is different. Has anyone else noticed this? I mean, it's really different, to the point that it's distracting. She went from a normal looking woman with a normal looking nose to a normal looking woman with a nose that looks like it was sculpted from Play-Doh (which is what most nose jobs resemble to me, it's as if all of the bone has been removed and one's schnoz is now pliable).

Anyway, if this is true, what it represents is incredibly upsetting. It's one thing for superficial mush brains like Paris Hilton to "enhance" themselves. For the most part, that's all women like her really have. But when a smart, accomplished actress/comedian like Kristen Wiig feels the need to alter her appearance, it signifies that something in our society has broken even further. And it pisses me off. Female comedians are sort of the final frontier in not having to be shellacked and tanned and veneered and stick-skinny and styled. They often look like real people. It's refreshing.

I've been crazy about Wiig these past couple of years on SNL, often thinking she was the best thing on the show, never thinking she had a big nose. Now, and I'm sure I'll get used to it, she's kind of hard to look at. It's like there's something wrong with her face that you can't identify--that something is HER FACE IS NOT THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE. I don't know when people will learn that new faces or face parts don't make you look better, they just make you like you had plastic surgery.

News to me: Kristen Wiig nose job?
You guys, I'm really upset. Last weekend I was curled up in Grandma's armchair cross stitching and watching an edited for tv airing of Knocked Up on E! (exciting life). I'm sitting there, and funny assistant to the Heigl's boss at E! (in the movie) comes on screen and flawlessly delivers lines like, "We don't want you to lose weight, we just want you to be healthy. You know, by eating less. "

I'm sitting there in my $8 Target leggings, and I have this realization: "that's motha-fucking Kristen Wiig." I have seen this movie no less than 100 times. Never did it occur to me that this is the same Wiig from Bridesmaids. I'm not a close follower of SNL or its stars but it seems like I should have noticed that this is the same person. I realized something was fishy, so I fired up the laptop, and my suspicions are confirmed. Big time nose job.

She was so pretty before. I mean, she's still gorgeous. But why Kristen, why? You didn't need to do this, and I know there's no turning back, but I like your old nose. It was a real nose. And to me, you barely look like the same person.

I'll steer clear of a big body image discussion, but it does make me sad that this. one of the most awesome of awesome ladies, felt it necessary to so drastically change her face.

Apparently this is old news, from like, 2008. But it's totally new to me, and therefore my shock registered like it happened yesterday. Did you all know that this was the same person?