Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Kim Kardashian Nose Job Before and After | Kim Kardashian Rhinoplasty

Kim Kardashian's nose is distinctly different now in spite of the fact that she insists not having a nose job.

Judging by the before and after photos, you can easily observe the apparent difference in the shape and size of Kim’s nose.

It has to be noted that a Los Angeles plastic surgeon and UCLA professor who specializes in nose jobs has marked up photos of Kim Kardashian’s face, stating they illustrate his "forensic analysis" of how her nose has changed.

Dr. Jeffrey Rawnsley believes Kim has had a nose job, and he’s posted his photo illustrations on his website.

Dr. Rawnsley perceives "subtle" changes. "Kim Kardashian’s plastic surgeon must have known that s/he was messing with near perfection," he claims.

It has to be said that questions surrounding Kim Kardashian and plastic surgery, including a nose job, have come up in the past.

When Kim appeared on "Nightline" in 2010, she insisted she did not have a nose job and, after a consultation, decided against getting one.

"I’m totally not against plastic surgery. I’ve tried Botox before. That’s the only thing that I’ve done. I’ve never had my nose done. What’s funny about my nose, it’s my biggest insecurity. I always want to get my nose done . . . I went to the doctor, I had them take the pictures, he showed me what it would look like and it just didn’t - I wouldn’t look the same."

"I hate the bump on the side of my nose but am way too afraid to mess with my face!" Kim continued.

The question is: "What did Kim Kardashian state on her blog about her nose job?" Check out below...

"Star Magazine is saying I had plastic surgery to make my nose and lips smaller! Why would someone want smaller lips?! LOL
In the first photo I am about 15 lbs heavier than the second photo! Your face always looks different when you lose weight, plus with the contouring on my nose it gives the illusion of a thinner nose. I actually think my nose looks smaller in the first pic than it does in the second. It’s ridiculous… it’s all about the makeup and the angle from which the photo was taken! See the pics below":

"It’s no secret I contour my nose now to make the bump go away! I guess it’s a compliment to my makeup artist that he does such a good job contouring my nose that it appears smaller. But hey, Star mag thinks it looks smaller… yay! My dream come true, hahaha!" Kim wrote.

"Stories like this are so funny! I love that there’s a Dr who I’ve never even met giving his "professional" opinion on my face!" Kim added.

To conclude, Kim Kardashian looks different, but to be fair she  undeniably lost some weight and changed her make-up. So, what do you think? Did Kim mess with her nose?

I have a lot of young patient’s who bring me pictures of the “Kim Kardashian nose job” during their pre-operative visit at my Los Angeles office. What I’m impressed with beyond her natural beauty, is that these young patients could even recognize Kim Kardashian’s plastic surgery. It is a subtle change, but does all the wonderful things that finesse rhinoplasty can do. Kim Kardashian’s plastic surgeon must have know that s/he was messing with near perfection. But the human perception can be highly fickle, and anything that distracts from the beautiful symmetry of someone’s eyes will undermine our attention. This is a subconscious phenomenon that is with us from an early age. Many of my rhinoplasty patients are very articulate about these subtlties.

Here’s what I notice about Kim Kardashian’s plastic surgery from a rhinoplasty surgeon’s point of view. I see a visual line that extends around the eyebrow to the nasal tip. This is the line that forms a frame around the eye on each side. We want it to be a clean concave line. In the before picture, this line starts out flattenned at the brow, then turns concave, and then turns convex toward the tip, giving it a “pear” shape. Her nasal tip is relatively large though reasonably sized given her prominent eyes. Her nasal tip is under-rotated, pointing down especially when she smiles. The post-operative picture shows clean, symmetrical concave visual lines surrounding the eyes. The contour of her lower/tip cartilages have been reduced and refined. Kim Kardashian’s nasal tip has been rotated up in a way that reveals the underside of her delicate nostrils and shortens her nose to a length similar to that of her brow if it were turned 90-degrees on its side.